Telecoms market in CIS countries in 2011: a stable growth

The CIS telecommunications market is recovering after the crisis period. In euro terms, the market closed 2010 with double-digit growth, chiefly due to the improvement of macroeconomic indicators and the gradual strengthening of local currencies. This year, the market is also expected to increase fuelled by further development of broadband services.
The telecommunications market in Russia is by far the largest among all CIS countries. Revenues generated only on the Russian market represent approx. 70% of the total value of the CIS telecommunications market, which means the share of the remaining eleven countries all together is 30%. The value of the whole CIS telecoms market amounted to €36.3bn in 2010, of which €25.5bn was the value of the Russian market while the remaining €10.8bn accounted for the other CIS countries.

Sign up now to open the complete market analysis.

You may open an unlimited number of analyses accessible from PMR websites.
  • 1E-mail
    (to send requested information)
  • 2Brief profile
    (required for new e-mails only)

 required fields

You must accept PMR’s Privacy Policy.